1. First make risotto by heating chicken stock in a saucepan, until simmering. Keep hot. Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring, until softened. Add rice and stir for 1 minute, until translucent. Add wine and stir until evaporated.
2. Add one ladle of stock, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly for 15-20 minutes, until all stock is added and rice is cooked. Remove from heat and stir through parmesan and one lightly beaten egg. Season to taste. Spread rice onto a baking tray lined with baking paper to cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan on high. Cook mushroom and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes, until browned and moisture evaporates. Stir in parsley, remaining egg and extra parmesan.
4. Divide cooled risotto into 12 portions. With wet hands, take one portion in your palm and make a small well in centre to form a cup. Place 1 tablespoon of mince mixture in centre of rice. Fold over rice to enclose mixture and shape into a ball. Repeat with remaining rice portions and mince mixture. Roll balls in breadcrumbs and set aside.
5. Heat rice bran oil in a large saucepan on high until a cube of bread sizzles on contact. Deep-fry rice balls in batches for 4 minutes, turning, until golden. Drain on paper towel and serve immediately.